The Benazir Social Protection Account (BSPA) is a new payment method for the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP). The BSPA is a bank account that is linked to the BISP database. This means that BISP beneficiaries can now receive their payments directly into their BSPA accounts.
There are several benefits to using the BSPA. First, it is more secure than cash payments. Second, it is more convenient, as beneficiaries can access their funds at any time from any ATM. Third, it can help beneficiaries to build their financial resilience, as they can save their BISP payments in their BSPA accounts.
To open a BSPA account, beneficiaries need to visit their nearest BISP office. They will need to provide their BISP registration number and some other personal information. Once their account is opened, they will be able to start receiving their BISP payments directly into their BSPA account.
The BSPA is a valuable new tool for BISP beneficiaries. It is more secure, convenient, and can help beneficiaries to build their financial resilience. If you are a BISP beneficiary, I encourage you to open a BSPA account today.
Here are some additional details about the BSPA:
- The BSPA is a zero-balance account, which means that beneficiaries do not need to maintain a minimum balance in their account.
- Beneficiaries can use their BSPA accounts to withdraw cash, make deposits, and transfer funds to other bank accounts.
- The BSPA is linked to the BISP database, so beneficiaries can track their payment history and see how much money they have received.
BISP Launches New Payment System to Give Autonomy to Women
The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) has launched a new payment system that will give women beneficiaries more autonomy over their finances. Under the new system, women will be able to select the bank of their choice to receive their payments, which will be made directly into their accounts. This will allow women to withdraw their money at their convenience and use it to meet their needs.
BISP Chairperson Shazia Marri said that the new payment system is a testament to the government’s commitment to empowering women. She said that the system will give women more control over their finances and help them to improve their lives.
The new payment system is part of a broader effort by BISP to improve the lives of its beneficiaries. In recent years, BISP has increased its budget and expanded its reach, providing financial assistance to millions of people across Pakistan. BISP has also launched a number of other initiatives to support women and children, including the BISP Taleemi Wazaif Programme, which provides stipends to the children of beneficiaries women, and the Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Programme, which awards scholarships to deserving students.
The launch of the new payment system is a significant milestone for BISP and a sign of the government’s commitment to improving the lives of women and children in Pakistan.
Here are some additional details that you may want to include in your rewrite:
- The new payment system is being implemented in partnership with four banks: National Bank, Bank Alfalah, JS Bank Limited, and United Bank Limited.
- The system is expected to benefit over 9 million women beneficiaries.
- In addition to giving women more autonomy over their finances, the new system is also expected to make it easier for them to access their payments.
- BISP is a non-political program that is committed to providing financial assistance to deserving women on an equal and merit basis.
What is BISP?
BISP is a government-run social protection program that provides financial assistance to poor and vulnerable households in Pakistan. The program was launched in 2008 and is named after the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto.
Who is eligible for BISP?
To be eligible for BISP, households must meet certain income and asset criteria. The criteria vary depending on the province or region. You can check your eligibility for BISP online through the BISP website or by calling the BISP helpline.
How much money do BISP beneficiaries receive?
The amount of money that BISP beneficiaries receive varies depending on the size of the household and the province or region. In general, beneficiaries receive a monthly cash transfer of Rs. 2,000.